SEO is an abbreviation of Search Engine Optimization. The core of SEO is to structure your web pages so that search engines can easily find the pages and understand what your web site is about. If you choose a web site design firm that understands SEO, then you benefit by having a great looking web site that has the potential to generate online leads and sales. Here are some of the steps that lead to a successful search engine optimization program:
- Focusing on their target audience during the web site design process
- Setting measurable goals up front
- Optimizing pages using search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Conducting an SEO competitive analysis
- Designing web sites that are easily found by the leading search engines
- Participating in online conversations
- Listing web sites in relevant directories
Typically a small business owner will hire a website designer based upon their portfolio or a recommendation. The challenge comes when you later find out that your web site was developed in way that prevents search engines from finding your content.
In short when you pages are indexed in the leading search engines and you have designed a website and written copy for your target audience then you have established a great foundation to generate leads and sales.
During the web site design process, there are many factors that your design firm should consider. If you are a small business owner and you want to know more about how your web site can be constructed to generate leads and sales contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.